Sauti Za Conservation web-series
- A web series that showcases unheard voices in conservation i.e. voices of youth/women engaged in startups, initiatives and enterprises that are based on sustainable environmental & wildlife conservation that empowers them and allows them to generate income at grass-root levels across Kenya and the African continent.
- Through this exposure we can steer these youth/women we feature on our segments towards the support that they need, may it be funding, mentorship, capacity building opportunities, training, and leaders in conservation so that they can be in involved in decision/policy making to find solutions to the actual challenges they face in conservation.
- How one can participate: like, comment on, share videos, subscribe to our channel; drop us suggestions (via email/comments section on youtube/social media pages) on undiscovered initiatives, youth/women engaged in these enterprises, or youth/women doing amazing things in conservation especially at the grass-root level, join our Sauti WhatsApp group by filling the form below;
IMPACT OF OUR WEB SERIES
- We amplify and create awareness to the efforts of youth & women engaged in grassroots conservation projects by producing compelling content for online platforms.
- So far, our Uvumbuzi Africa YouTube channel has attracted 1.6 K viewers to its Sauti za Conservation web series in the 7 months, with over a 10 K audience reach on Facebook, and boasts a steady increase of 32.8 % online audience reach between the months of September and November 2020. We commit to designing and creatively interweaving any evolving platforms to increase conservation audience penetration in Kenya by at least 60% annually and potentially across Africa by 30% by end of 2021.